Developed with a receptionist in mind. All actions are available within two clicks of the mouse.
- See who is available or not.
- Transfer directly to destination extension, voicemail or external numbers.
- Ability to pickup ringing phones.
- Manage and visualize parked calls.
- Realtime search and filter of extensions (great for big companies with hunderds of extensions).
For call center supervisors
Not only you can see extension status, but also a quick glimpse of queues.
- See agents logged into a queue.
- See agent status (paused, logged off, invalid).
- See every call waiting on the queue with its timer.
- Manage agents: add, remove or pause queue members.
- Filter extension list to only queue members with one click.
- Spy or whisper to your agents.
- Initiate call recording to disk.
For end users
You do not need to be a receptionist or run a call center to take advantage of FOP2 features, as it lets you control your own calls even before you pick them up!
- Call notifications (callerid number and name, call from queue).
- Directory integration, live search or dial to any typed number.
- .tel support: just type the .tel domain and you will get the phone number or direct voip dial.
- Call control: transfer out, hangup, pickup, etc.
- Conference Control: lock, invite, kick & mute, talk detection.
- Presence: set and visualize your presence status.
- IM Chat: Instant Messaging and Notes integrated, no need for extra software or daemons.
- Voicemail Explorer: lets you browse and hear your voicemail right from your browser.
Ombutel, Trixbox, PBXinaFlash, Elastix, PBXWare, AsteriskNow, MiRTA, Thirdlane, FreePBX© support
The software comes with pre built configurations for the most popular web front ends. It will auto configure itself. There is no need to touch configurations files. If you need to setup special contexts or features you can always configure them yourself. The daemon now supports the #exec directive in the config files, so you can write your custom shell script to auto configure the panel. Just reload the service and it will rerun your scripts and regenerate the configuration. The included FOP2 Manager is a comlete web frontend to configure FOP2 users, groups and permissions and it will integrate with al supported configuration engines automatically, including pure/vanilla Aserisk© installations, and can be easily extended to support your own engine just by tweaking a simple .php file.
Scalability & hosted PBX
FOP2 daemon was rewritten from scratch with scalability in mind. It is now being used in big hosted environments, monitoring up to 400 pbx across 6 Asterisk servers without missing a beat and delivering status to clients instantly. With just one FOP2 server instance you can monitor almost unlimited extensions on any number of servers.
It runs on your browser. You can open it up and manage the phone system even from the Internet. This make the software ideal for virtual call centers. The layout is easily modified as it is a regular and well commented web page. Do not like the style or colors? You can edit the custom theme .css files to your liking. It works on any modern web browser.
Fine grained permissions
FOP2 has its own access control system. Every user has to login so he can perform actions from within his extension. A flexible permission system allows the administrator to grant action capabilities to every user, so one user might have no permissions to perfrom actions at all, while another can originate calls, and supervisors can spy or whisper. Every action has a permission that can be granted or not to every user.
FOP2 provides hooks and a plugin system that lets you extend its functionality so you add new feature or tweak behavior to suite your needs. There are plenty of free plugins already availalble, like the Conference button plugin, the Set Call Forward plugin, Set Follow Me, Simple Wallboard, Clock, Hotdesk, Auto Wrapup, Queue Login, etc.
Multi tenant. Multi server.
FOP2 can monitor multiple Asterisk servers. It also lets you configure contexts to display group of extensions or queues as you see fit. This method allows you to partition one server into multiple/isolated PBX, used for multi-tenant. Every context has its own set of users and permissions. The regular license allows up to five contexts. Additional contexts have an extra cost. If you use FreePBX©/Elastix 2 or 4/AsteriskNow, or any other system that is by nature single tenant (to cater ONE PBX in ONE installation/server), then you do not have to worry about the limit as those systems are single tenant, as they are not partitioned to serve multiple customers on a single server. The server license does not have *any* restrictions on the number of users/operators/supervisores you can have.